Once upon a time, I went
on a trip to a mountainous region with my family. I had always wished to
experience a real adventure, and little did I know that this trip would become
an unforgettable one.
After travelling for two
days, the final day of our trip arrived. We decided to explore the mountains
and some caves in the area. As we moved forward, we discovered a large cave
covered with snow. Suddenly, we heard some frightening sounds coming from inside.
“Wait!” I said to my family. “I think someone is trapped inside the cave and
needs help. Ignoring my fear, I carefully entered the cave. To my surprise, I
saw a huge creature sitting in a corner. It was a dragon!
My family was terrified
and asked me to leave immediately. However, I could not stop thinking about the
creature. Dragons were believed to be extinct, so perhaps this was the last
dragon left on Earth. It looked frightened and lonely, as if it had lost its way.
After walking for some time, my family stopped at a steep slope to rest. I told
them, “I am feeling thirsty. Let me go and look for some water.” As soon as
they were out of my sight, I quietly returned to the cave.
I slowly approached the
dragon. It was sitting sadly with its head lowered. I remembered that we had
been taught certain signs at school that could be understood by animals. I
gathered my courage and tried to communicate with it. After nearly half an
hour, I finally understood its story. The dragon was lost and desperately
wanted to return to its natural habitat.
Meanwhile, my family
realised that I was missing and began searching for me. They soon reached the
cave and found me with the dragon. They were shocked and asked me what I was
doing there. I told them the whole truth and apologised for hiding it from
them. To my surprise, my family understood my feelings. They smiled and said,
“Today, we are proud of you for showing courage and compassion.”
Together, we decided to
help the dragon return to a safe place where it could live peacefully in its
natural habitat. That day, I realised that appearances can be deceiving. What
seemed frightening at first was actually a lonely creature in need of help. The
experience became one of the most memorable adventures of my life.
Moral: Never judge anyone
by their appearance. Always be kind and help those in need.
Class VIII
(Best Entry from Inter House Story Writing Competition 2026)

No comments:
Post a Comment