Thursday, 27 August 2026

English Fortnight: A Journey of Confidence, Friendship and Self-Discovery

 

      

When I first walked through the gates of The Mānn School, everything felt new - new faces, new corridors and new rules to learn. I never imagined that just a few months later, I would be standing on a stage with confidence. That change began with English Fortnight, and it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my school life so far. 

One of my proudest moments was taking part in the Declamation Competition, where I spoke and enacted the role of the inspiring cricketer, Harmanpreet Kaur. Standing on stage with everyone watching me made me a little nervous, but I gave it my very best and secured the 3rd position. I felt really proud of myself that day. 

I also got the opportunity to compere the Master 26 (Junior) Orals Competition. It was my first time compering an event, so I was both excited and nervous. I had to speak clearly and confidently while making sure the event went smoothly. Although I was worried in the beginning, it turned out to be an unforgettable experience and helped me become more confident. Watching the participants show their vocabulary, fluency and confidence was also very inspiring for me. 

The Story Writing Competition gave me a chance to use my creativity. Since I have always enjoyed writing stories, I loved using my imagination to create interesting characters and ideas. It was fun putting my thoughts into words and making my own story. I really enjoyed this activity the most. 

Apart from the competitions, the classroom activities during English Fortnight made learning English more interesting and enjoyable. They helped me talk to my classmates, make new friends and feel more comfortable in my new school. Before joining these activities, I was often afraid of speaking in front of an audience. But with the support and encouragement of my teachers, I slowly became more confident. Every activity helped me come out of my comfort zone and believe in myself. 

English Fortnight not only improved my speaking, vocabulary and pronunciation but also helped me make friends and discover my strengths. I joined the school feeling nervous and unsure, but English Fortnight helped me become more confident and courageous. It has been a wonderful journey of learning, friendship and self-discovery, and I will always remember it.

 

 By Arya Mann

 Class VII


No comments:

Post a Comment