Tuesday 29 December 2020

An ode to My Alma Mater


A feeling of nostalgia, 

That is so great! 

You shaped my life, 

And led me straight!

Had you not been there,

I would have gone back to square, 

Where I started

With nothing to share.

Today I can broadcast, 

The knowledge and peace, 

Since you made me learned with all that grace. 

You are my alma mater, 

You are so great! 

Discipline was main, 

That once learnt, 

Never goes in vain, 

We ought never to forget it, 

remember it forever, 

Even when you are awake or in slumber.

You recognised my potential,

Showed me the path,

With all the lessons of courage to speak my heart.

When it came to show compassion,

You taught me love,

How to take care of all with thy zeal and passion.

Oh my dear alma mater,

You are so great,

You shaped my life with all that grace.

Oh my alma mater

You are so great!

You are so great!

Dheeraj Kumar
Assistant Teacher
The Mann School

2 comments: